Contest Launches with Video Depicting #etnies Skateboarders Nick Garcia and Willow Earning Their etnies Stripe: A Signature Colorway of the RCT
etnies skateboarders Nick Garcia and Willow went to battle, climbed the ranks and attained pro status through their honorable skateboarding.
ETNIES PRESENTS THE SHECKLER FOUNDATION’S 4TH ANNUAL SKATE FOR A CAUSE
The Sheckler Foundation, Skateboarders and Sponsors Come Together to Help Benefit the “Be the Change” Project
May 1, 2013 (San Clemente, CA) – The SKATE FOR A CAUSE event, presented by etnies, is your chance to join pro skateboarders at the etnies Skatepark of Lake Forest on Saturday, May 4, 2013. Admission to this event is free, so everyone can have a chance to watch their favorite skateboarders compete.
The list of pro and AM skateboarders competing is stacked, and you can check it out here:
· Aaron Astorga · Alex Midler · Bill Weiss ·Billy Marks · Chad Bartie · Christian Hosoi
· Cody McEntire · Corbin Harris · Dave Duncan · Dave Hackett · Eddie Reategui
· Fabrizio Santos · Felipe Ortiz · Greg Lutzka · Jason Ellis · Jay Adams
· Jeff Wright · Jim Gray · Joey Brezinski · Jordan Hoffart · Jose Rojo
· Kurtis Colamonico · Leticia Bufoni · Luis Cruz · Mike Rogers · Morgan Smith
· Neal Mims · Nick Dompierre · Pat Channita · Pat Ngoho · PLG (Pierre Luc)
· Ronnie Creager · Ryan Decenzo · Ryan Hewitson · Ryan Sheckler
· Sasha Steinhorst · Sean Sheffey · Sergie Ventura · Sewa Kroetkov · Steve Olson
· TJ Rogers · Tony Tave · Torey Pudwill · Yuri Fachinni
For those that want to hang with the pros inside the skatepark and help the “Be the Change” project, VIP tickets are available for a $50 donation here: ShecklerFoundation.org.
While the contests are going on, event goers can also enjoy the festivities, food and fun from the sponsors below:
· etnies · Ford · Fred Water · GoPro · Red Bull · CCS · Chronic Tacos
· Independent Trucks · K1 Speed · Nixon · Oakley · Plan B · Tilly’s
· UFC · Woodward · Diamond Supply Company · Absolutely Alice
· Grizzly Griptape
For 16 years etnies owner and CEO Pierre-Andre Senizergues has inspired his staff, pro riders, family and friends to head to L.A.’s Skid Row and rally together at the Los Angeles Mission’s annual Easter event to donate shoes to the thousands of homeless living on the streets.
Skid Row is a scary and tough place to survive without a home and the reality is the homeless wear their shoes around the clock to keep their feet protected and warm.
Each year etnies has the pleasure to personally witness the pure joy and relief a new pair of shoes brings to the lives of those less fortunate.
A few days ago, etnies launched its Buy a Shoe, Plant a Tree microsite which can be found here.
A video explaining the details of the program has surfaced .
Take a moment to inform yourself about some of the great things etnies is doing for the environment while making great product at the same time.
Behind the Trees: The etnies Buy a Shoe, Plant a Tree Story from etnies on Vimeo.
etnies has deep roots in skateboarding and introduced the first "pro" skate shoe, which was endorsed by Natas Kaupas.
Established in 1986, etnies is the first skateboarder-owned and operated global action sports footwear and apparel company.
Led by owner and skateboarder Pierre-André Senizergues, etnies is on a determined path to achieve a healthier planet and has found a way to involve sneaker style and consumers of all ages and gender to help create a tree-filled world.
In addition to constantly giving back to the skate community by holding events like "Goofy vs.
etnies and Makia’s product collaboration (pictured below) just launched on etnies.com with a brand new video edit showing what the collection is all about: celebrating the spring season breaking through a harsh winter and once again provoking those frequent outdoor skate sessions.
Arriving with just their skateboards and camping gear, etnies visited Makia’s Finnish stomping ground to experience the beautifully rugged coastal landscape with the Makia guys.