Adidas vs. SB\'s for skating

G

I'm just starting to try to get back into skating (I really suck) and I wear both of these shoes all the time and they're both super comfy. I was wondering which is better for me to invest in to use soley as skateshoes.
All opinions welcome!

S

sfkicks

just try some out, I recommend Janos or Busenitz from what I hear about them, it all depends on your own preference. Just have fun man.

monochrome

Apr 20, 2008
either will be great. if youre in to thinner flexible vulcanized shoes for skating then i recommend the janoski or the blazer. if you like supportive cup soles more, i would recommend the busenitz for sure. i cant say from personal experience really since my last few shoes have been emerica, but people really love these three models.

Marcus Levy

Oct 15, 2005
Busenitz or camp vulcs for the win

mr_duong567

Mar 30, 2010
Janoski's, Blazers, Camp Vulcs, and Busenitz's. Just try them all.

bridgener

May 22, 2006
I'm loving Adidas. I haven't tried campus vulc's cause I hate vulcanized shoes, but every pair of Adidas cupsoles have been on point. Campus skates, two pairs of shelltoe's, regular shell toes, gazelle sb and non, and now the Busenitz. Every one of them skated amazing right out of the box. Next I have a pair of Pete Eldridge shelltoes and I can't wait to skate them.

Go for the Adidas! They're so much better than anything Nike is putting out now. The suede is so damn nice and thick.

DereckSayz

Jul 30, 2009
I've never skated a pair of Addidas, but my Harbors are by far my favorite skate shoes from nike. My FC's soles are separating so I can't skate those anymore, they were fantastic skate shoes though. Dunks are the worst IMO to skate in, Board feel is alll types of shitty. I haven't tried new dunks yet.

(I'll stick to skating my vans though.)

Bane

Mar 4, 2008
You should try some Adidas Gonzales. Very light and supportive, contains technologies such as Adiprene and Geo-fit which helps comfort and durability.

jestskatem

Oct 8, 2007
Busenitz > Janoski's. More support + comfort.

S

sfkicks

i was talking to one of my friends today, while skating, and he said he prefers mid Janos to lows because they offer more shoe to catch heels with. Just an opinion to consider

Brand0llaz

Oct 27, 2010
i wish there was just one shoe that u can swear to...