Breaking in your DS Nike SB\'s

lefty

Jan 27, 2006
I was just wondering if anyone had any particular methods breaking in their new shoes. I was made the mistake of going to work with brand new Venoms and now my feet are killing me. Any suggestions?

F

farty pants

I've got a few suggestions for ya bud...

1) Don't call them Venoms. They're plain black and white high top Nike Dunks that are re-released every few months, they are not some special supervillain themed release.

2) Put them on your feet and wear them. That's what you do with shoes and Dunk SBs are no different. If they're killing your feet then they likely don't fit your feet. Either that or, like any other shoe, they'll stretch to fit after you wear them a bit and break them in.

3) The only secret to un-DSing sneakers is to not step in mud and not kick any curbs. Oh and no puking, either. If some of that puke got on your new shoes just imagine how disappointed you would be!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanddd close this thread.

lefty

Jan 27, 2006
Haha so they're not called Venoms? Everyone was calling them Venoms when they first came out so I figured the name stuck. Forgive me, I've been away for a while.

Nadrojj

Mar 30, 2011
Put them on feet, walk.

Another mystery solved.

Justinn

Jan 18, 2009
it hurts to unds? maybe you need to size up. ive necer had it hurt.

lefty

Jan 27, 2006
Sorry, no it doesnt hurt. Its just that normal feeling you get when you're breaking in a new pair of basketball shoes or in this case, a Nike SB. Its not a size issue because I have Ghosts 10.5 and they fit perfectly fine. Obviously the longer you walk around in a shoe, the more comfortable they will fit. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any way to speed up the process. Thanks.

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Stick them in the microwave for a couple of seconds. We always used to do that with skate shoes, just make sure there's no metal on them.

fafu

Feb 15, 2011
the newer dunks aren't exactly the same size as they were back when ghosts were made. they've gotten a little smaller over time for some reason.

and wearing dunks should never hurt when they're new. sounds like they're too small.