Drunk
  • Abbey Road (Remastered)
    Here Comes The Sun - Remastered 2009
    The Beatles
    Abbey Road (Remastered)

CUSTOMS QUESTIONS???? ASK HERE

BRUB5972

Dec 7, 2010
Hey, anyone know of a canvas dye that takes well to the canvas nike uses? Got a project in mind. I'm looking for a light grey. I'm looking at Tarrago but thought I'd see if anyone on here has had first hand experience with any of the brands out there.

Joseph James

Jan 10, 2011
Its not about the brands its about the threadcount and weave pattern, nike uses really fine shit, so your want like triple cross.
i would recomend browsing through utrecht, browse through their canvases, once you figure out what would be sutiable, then look for outside brands of the same consistency

http://www.utrechtart.com/

BRUB5972

Dec 7, 2010
[QUOTE=Its not about the brands its about the threadcount and weave pattern, nike uses really fine shit, so your want like triple cross.
i would recomend browsing through utrecht, browse through their canvases, once you figure out what would be sutiable, then look for outside brands of the same consistency

jwizvr6

Jul 14, 2009
Has anyone airbrushed with angelus paint?
If so any need to thin out paint?

mojo-r-us

Oct 17, 2011
I was wondering if anybody can quickly leave me a step by step instructions on the best method to paint (air brush) some Nikes would be. Including the best material I can purchase, from local stores ex.Micheals. (reasonable prices!)

I'm hoping to try making a pair of customs soon, thanks to this thread :D

It'll be greatly appreciated!!

THANKS !!!

If you can PM it to me, it'll be even better!! lol.

Joseph James

Jan 10, 2011
I've never airbrushed with any paint, if we're regarding airbrushing shoes, I would still say it would need to be thinned not only because angelus is on the heavier body side of acrylics,and also because you want those coats to really dig into the threads to secure that line of consistency. I hope that helped.

G

Gab

Need some help on coloring my janoski. Particularly the soft blue one. I'd like to color it all black. What's an easy way to do that? A pen maybe? Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

Aznmafiaman

Apr 19, 2010
If I was to buy a pair of venoms (low or hi top). Would I still use angelus for the swoosh or some other cheaper, durable acrylic? I've seen someone use some kind of metallic pen thing to make the Venom Hi's into almost takashi high tops & I was inspired by that. Also is there anyway to dye or paint the color of the "Nike" stictching on the heel? Many thanks

Joseph James

Jan 10, 2011

It's odd that everyone piggybacked on the angelus brand after one person recomended it,not to deter ir because it still is one of the best brands you can buy, liquitex is great as long as you buy the right kind.
For venom highs the leather on the swoosh has changed and the ones released in 2011 are way easier to paint than the ones in 2009?or2010, also the 2011 ones will hold the paint longer. it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a sharpie paint marker(oil based, they all should be) gold or silver, not only would it not cost much but
-the oil paint will last longer than acrylic under the conditions its going to be in
-its goes to require less coats then acrylic, this is great for beginners worrying about getting the thin coats right, also it may infact cover fully in one wet layer and let it sit.
-it might be more precise to someone who isnt used to a brush.
as much as i like to paint for the swoosh getting a marker would be in almost every way better than using paint.
also for the back stiching im pretty experienced with acrylic paint and if you really play around with the water/paint ratios you use acrylic paint as dye(wouldn't recomend for large panels/big jobs, since dye would be better) but for the simple stitching water it down alot, just let it soak into the stitching, should be pretty easy and if its watered down enough if it touched the black heel panel it wont mess it up, so maybe 3 coats of watered down paint, allowing it to dry each time

I hope that helped

xSynchi

Dec 14, 2011
Can black seude be color dyed another color? Or do you guys recommend bleach it until it's white, and then work on the dying? I want to create a lunar east and lunar west inspired Janoski using the OG color way

Joseph James

Jan 10, 2011

dye then bleach you dont have to keep bleaching until white, infact some might never turn white but once bleached significantly the dye should do its work.

A

Anonymous

What Suede dye brand would you recommend, and you think I should dilute the bleach with some water?

Joseph James

Jan 10, 2011

The best thing would be to go to your local shoe repair and ask because every suede nike uses is never the same, you're dealing with different consistencies. bleach with warm water helps, pure bleach can pose a risk to tampering with the fibers in addition to a faster rate.

G

Gsuno

how would I remove paint from patent leather? Or would I just paint over it? (ie white/red jordan 11 low)

sharp020

Mar 28, 2006
You can't, the patent leather that nike uses is a synthetic, as in a vinyl or PVC, If you try to prep it gets nasty.

G

Gsuno

@sharp020 so I seen that someone painted their white/red 11s into lookin like a concord with red bottoms. Im interested in doing the same. How would I go about.that?

sharp020

Mar 28, 2006
There's really no way, you could try painting it, and it might look alright, but the paint wont penetrate into the leather(since its not real) and it will likely crack over time.

sharp020

Mar 28, 2006
No problem, just keep looking for other ideas to work with.

jwizvr6

Jul 14, 2009
has anyone tried to paint nylon or rayon with angelus paint?
info on how well paint will hold. thanks