Dunks with fat tongues...

Phillipino

Mar 15, 2007
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a bit of a weird experience wearing fat-tongued dunks?  I swear, every pair of them that i've owned, and tried on, I've tried all sorts of sizes, I went from a complete size too small, to a size too big, and it has always been the same experience.  Whenever I wear a fat-tongued dunk, the shoe just seems to slip off whenever I walk.  Does anyone else experience this too?  I have some thin tongued Barfs and Brownpacks, and they fit just fine, without ever slipping off.  What could be causing this?

number1nub

Mar 1, 2012
if they slip off when you walk its probably because you dont tie the laces or dont have them laced up all the way.

Phillipino

Mar 15, 2007
Of course I tie down the laces. Who doesn't? the thing is, I can have my thin tongues laced one from the top, and it'll still be fine, but my fat tongues, even when they're laced up all the way, the y still may slip off.

thegreatgabbo

Mar 23, 2009
I've owned a few pairs and have not experienced this at all. Infact I feel the fat tounges are a bit snug in my sizes

.goodfella.

Mar 21, 2007
wow never heard of SB slipping off. id think regular dunks (or dunks without stuffted tongues) would slip off b4 a fat tongue SB. i dont even lace my lows to the stop and they dont slip off. even on my entourages which are a half a size too big

Phillipino

Mar 15, 2007

That's what I was thinking too. I figured the fat tongues, straps, etc would make these stay on even better, but these just keep on slipping off. This issue really limits my SB low selection a lot.