Dunks with fat tongues...

Phillipino

Mar 15, 2007
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a bit of a weird experience wearing fat-tongued dunks?  I swear, every pair of them that i've owned, and tried on, I've tried all sorts of sizes, I went from a complete size too small, to a size too big, and it has always been the same experience.  Whenever I wear a fat-tongued dunk, the shoe just seems to slip off whenever I walk.  Does anyone else experience this too?  I have some thin tongued Barfs and Brownpacks, and they fit just fine, without ever slipping off.  What could be causing this?

number1nub

Mar 1, 2012
if they slip off when you walk its probably because you dont tie the laces or dont have them laced up all the way.

Phillipino

Mar 15, 2007
Of course I tie down the laces. Who doesn't? the thing is, I can have my thin tongues laced one from the top, and it'll still be fine, but my fat tongues, even when they're laced up all the way, the y still may slip off.

thegreatgabbo

Mar 23, 2009
I've owned a few pairs and have not experienced this at all. Infact I feel the fat tounges are a bit snug in my sizes

SwaggaBoii

Jun 16, 2009
you prolly have skinny ankels/achilles (like me)

happens to me all the time

.goodfella.

Mar 21, 2007
wow never heard of SB slipping off. id think regular dunks (or dunks without stuffted tongues) would slip off b4 a fat tongue SB. i dont even lace my lows to the stop and they dont slip off. even on my entourages which are a half a size too big

Dude Its Danny

Mar 2, 2010
That might be why. MY dunks are really snug on me, but I have an average ankle

Phillipino

Mar 15, 2007

That's what I was thinking too. I figured the fat tongues, straps, etc would make these stay on even better, but these just keep on slipping off. This issue really limits my SB low selection a lot.

noplandan

May 9, 2012
thats happened to me only with dunks i dont tie

jmguiteras

Dec 11, 2010
the fit has a lot to do with the material they're made of.

B0SSFL0W

Aug 10, 2007
i noticed it with the newer designed dunk sb's.. lace em up tighter i guess