Freddy Krueger (Scrapped Version) Legit Check Guide

MoreSb4me

Jun 21, 2008
FREDDY KRUEGER (SCRAPPED VERSION) LEGIT CHECK GUIDE
Freddy Kruegers are one of the most sought after pairs in today's shoe game. It's no wonder why fake pushers have created variants of this color way. Some fake pairs are dead giveaways and are easy to spot, however there are fake pairs look almost identical to a legit pair. This legit check guide was created in order to help tell the legit pairs from the fakes. Here are a couple of highlights in telling the difference between fakes.
1. The blood on legit pairs has a violet hue compared to the very dark color on fakes.
2. The brown lace coloring on fakes is very off from the color of the tan nubuck.
3. The NIKE embroidery on fakes looks the same for all sizes and is very thin/small
4. The size tags for fake pairs have the same faded font print; fakes have the same date of 07/21/07
5. The heel stitching on legit pairs is straight without any sloped discrepancies.
6. The nubuck on legit pairs has scraped marks that are distinct, where as the fake pairs scraped markings are faded and looked scanned on.
7. Shapes of fakes will be off
8.All of the good fakes don't come with extra laces because a fake lace bag would be a dead giveaway. In other words, fake pushers got smarter by not including a lace bag that would be easy to spot them as being fake.
9. Paint from the midsole and sole will blend together due to poor craftsmanship.
Remember fakes will vary based on whose making them, the pictures here were of two sz 9.5s one authentic one fake. Always get shoes legit-checked before buying.

GMoney

Dec 13, 2006
Long overdue IMO.

0moorad0

Feb 19, 2008
now people can stop posting up their fakes......iss has no legit ones up at all lol

0moorad0

Feb 19, 2008
^^^^^^^
according to the guide yes but the last one idk because it is an 8.5 and those look a little different to 9+

Crossfire

Mar 14, 2009
flowrida pair too? dang

BMarley86

Feb 22, 2009
great guide, long overdue

i feel bad for all those ppl who think they have (paid for) legit freddys

Paul C.

Jan 18, 2010
^^^^^^^
according to the guide yes but the last one idk because it is an 8.5 and those look a little different to 9+
I guess that last one seems fake because of the same date reading, "7/21/07".

Last edited by a moderator:

baesa38

Aug 21, 2009
shit...so a lot of ppl actually have fake freddys??? daamn that sucks..and are all those iss pairs fake then

Neku

Jan 18, 2010
A lot of people with fake pairs are going to be a bit mad when they read this lol. Great job on the guide though!

MoreSb4me

Jun 21, 2008
first one yes, sz 9.5 shoes have a bold heel embroidery, i can vouch for that with ALL my sz 9-9.5s shoes

second, yes, looks exactly like the pair cemeterydrive bought from 23efren23. 23efren23 told me straight out they were fake, i have the message to prove that.

third, yes again heel embroidery, not to mention that the blood is off, and the midsole is mighty yellow

fourth yup, heel embro, dark blood, and im sure he changed the laced from those super khakis to green ones.

just look at fcla's pic of their freddys
and above all if all those authentic, WHY IN THE HELL ARE THERE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF ONE SHOE???
dont compare freddys versus freddys, use other dunks as well

Last edited by a moderator:

MoreSb4me

Jun 21, 2008
made a mistake, for the forth one the pics have horrible lighting, but i doubt will get better pics of that pair because ive been asking him for more pics but doesnt want to provide them.

baesa38

Aug 21, 2009
damn this is kiknda fucked up lol i feel bad for all the people with the fake version

brownbear22

Aug 11, 2009
freddys are samples, yes? and doesnt nike only make like 24 pairs or somethin like that when they make samples? yet theres like 100+ people who claim to have legit freddys

fatjodz

Dec 22, 2006
^keep on hunting for more info //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//wink.gif

brownbear22

Aug 11, 2009
lol well that was meant to be a question. Are they samples? because I thought samples are only made in size 9 but there are freddys in different sizes. Or is the original version of freddys the sample? It seems like nike purposely "scrapped" the shoe to build a ton of hype on em and then made more pairs in more sizes than any other shoe that was a sample or scrapped. idk, I didnt follow the news on these shoes at all, waaay too over the top for my tastes.

nolanz2

Aug 7, 2010
something about them being unreleased?
like they sent shipments out to SB vendors and recalled them, but some vendors had already sold there shoes, and the other ones were definitely samples.
a link to how these things started would be nice.. its just a really confusing set of kicks

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
I have to applaud moresb4me for making this guide, and insisting to get my pair legit checked.
I honestly thought I had my legit pairs and fakes down, but this just goes to show how good they're making fakes now.
But as always, there are just very minor differences that give it away.
I'd hate to own a fake pair, so again, thank you moresb4me.

call_me_diamond

Jan 13, 2007
the freddy sb story goes exactly like this.

there are 2 versions of the freddy.

the first version remained a sample. never intended to be released

second version came out as samples and people freaked! as chip_sb described, these shoes were supposed to revive nike sb, and be as hyped as the tiffs. since the hype came so strong when the sample pics were released everyone started calling them freddys, and the whole thing blew up.

New line cinema heard about this and didnt want anyone to capitalize off of the freddy image and immediately began to file suit against nike. During this time, production of the freddys was in full boom! so by the time nike got the suit against them there were already production pairs in factories, as well as heading to shops.

I know certain shops in mexico and other places got their pairs and sold them before they knew anything about the suit.

The factories were ordered to destroy the pairs which were already produced, now some went into nike's re-run program and were ground up, while others were placed in plastic trash bags and covered in oil, and thrown away.

smart factory workers knew they would be worth money and immediately recovered pairs and brought them to the market.

this is why there are not just size 9's but a range of sizes.

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
lol well that was meant to be a question. Are they samples? because I thought samples are only made in size 9 but there are freddys in different sizes. Or is the original version of freddys the sample? It seems like nike purposely "scrapped" the shoe to build a ton of hype on em and then made more pairs in more sizes than any other shoe that was a sample or scrapped. idk, I didnt follow the news on these shoes at all, waaay too over the top for my tastes.
To answer this, anybody correct me if I'm wrong, but yes samples are usually a size 9, and there were samples of these.
The first design looked like this:

These are available only in a size 9 I believe, but the 2nd version, the more common version, is available in many sizes.
They were set to release with the Jason Highs, but were recalled/cancelled due to copyright issues, but they were actually produced.
Which explains them in multiple sizes other than 9.
Also that's why they don't say "sample" on the tags.

There is speculation that the oil stains was either an accident, or something done to the sneakers intentionally to damage and tarnish them, so they wouldn't be worn or sold.
But none of that is confirmed I believe.
That's all I know and heard about the Freddy's.

*EDIT* Explained above by CMD.