Freddy Krueger (Scrapped Version) Legit Check Guide

REEK

Jun 5, 2009
so what does the tag on the legit pair say i can't really see it, is it 8/20/07? and i've seen a pair say 7/18/07 those fake too?

MoreSb4me

Jun 21, 2008
that is why those poor ppl on iss are rocking fakes lol

Soundwave333

Jul 7, 2009
What about these?
http://www.solecollector.com/forums/mp_item.php?id=134973

The heel embroidery looks legit, and very different from the fakes in this thread, BUT the rest of the shoe looks iffy.
Mostly the tongue, looks off
----------------------------------
These, again the heel looks legit. but the blood looks off and Is the blood supposed to look pink like that?
http://www.solecollector.com/forums/mp_item.php?id=131061

Are there Fake pairs that have the legit looking(Not all thin and small) heel embroidery?

FU%#&NG FAKES!

Last edited by a moderator:

MoreSb4me

Jun 21, 2008
those both look legit to me and yes the blood isnt red its purple/violet

More4YourBuck

Oct 21, 2008
Lol Wow this shit got out of hand quick. People have been rocking fakes. Now we can place them on FULL BLAST.

Trav409

Feb 7, 2009
^ LOL. Blast - Blast - Blast!!!!!

@ Soundwave - i remember reading in someone elses LC on a pair of freddys that Kr3st's Freddy's have the thin embroidery on the heel and were assumed legit at the time, pictures of his pair were then posted up in the thread to confirm it......can anyone shed some light on this??

This shit has got me hella nervous about my pair, im going to take more photos and get them LC'd again since i did it 6 months ago. I really hope they are actually sweet otherwise its going to take me another 2 years to find a size 12!!!! lol.....i bought them off mental kicks though so i would assume shit is sweet. See y'all in the LC thread soon.......hehe

Trav409

Feb 7, 2009
If anyone wants to have another fully detailed look at another pair of freddys check my LC thread, i just posted it. Hopefully they aren't fake.....Plenty of photos and detailed shots. Wish me luck.....

//forums.stashedboxes.com/index.php?/topic/185780-lc-freddys/

I must say thankyou so much to Moresb4me and 0moorad0 i know you guys have been working hard on this and its been in the making for a little while, but i think the education we get out of this will be priceless and help many heads in the future. I applaud you, bravo. NOW TELL ME MY FREDDY'S ARE LEGIT OR I TAKE IT BACK lol.

0moorad0

Feb 19, 2008

More4YourBuck

Oct 21, 2008
Oh this is the lulz right here. Legit fakes. No wonder I never wanted a pair of these shoes. IT seemed too weird that SO many people had Fred's and they were all legit like that. Something had to be up imo. I've seen some people in the streets here in NY rocking Freddy's. Thanks again guys for making this =D

chip_SB

Mar 8, 2006
freddys are samples, yes? and doesnt nike only make like 24 pairs or somethin like that when they make samples? yet theres like 100+ people who claim to have legit freddys

Version 1 Freddy's are the true Sample pairs, meaning, sz 9 and only a few pairs, I can't confirm limited to 24. 24 is NOT the number
for produced sample sz 9's either. Version 1 never saw past the SAMPLE stage.

lol well that was meant to be a question. Are they samples? because I thought samples are only made in size 9 but there are freddys in different sizes. Or is the original version of freddys the sample? It seems like nike purposely "scrapped" the shoe to build a ton of hype on em and then made more pairs in more sizes than any other shoe that was a sample or scrapped. idk, I didnt follow the news on these shoes at all, waaay too over the top for my tastes.

Version 2 Freddy has many different sizes because the shoe went passed the sample stage and damn near distributed. There were shipments that did get boxed up, some got out but recalled and some didn't make it back from recall. There were warehouse employees at the time, responsible for destruction of the Version 2 production pairs that leaked some legit pairs to re-sellers and "fake makers" I'm assuming as well.

The shoe was going to release but there were some legal issues with the Copyright of the Freddy costume and the dunk sb etc that cancelled the release.

something about them being unreleased?
like they sent shipments out to SB vendors and recalled them, but some vendors had already sold there shoes, and the other ones were definitely samples.
a link to how these things started would be nice.. its just a really confusing set of kicks

^^

The most mastered "faked" shoe in the line of SB's is the Jedi dunk. That shoe has been masterfully faked and you really need to be careful
with Jedi's because you just don't really know.

The year 2005 was probably the shift in era of SB and end of the golden years, not saying current day isn't good, but for people that have been in SB for a while, pre 2005, there is a difference from a collector, skater, product standpoint comparing then and now. The Tiffany was the trademark shoe that ended that era and there haven't been any real "Holy Hell Hype" releases since then that compare.

I'd have to say that the Freddy and the Gucci are mountains above comparing hype to releases since 2005.

The Gucci was originally destined for release in 2005 only to be pushed back. We fortunately got to enjoy that release last year in GR status.
There are fakes out there of Gucci's but really limited and considering the shoe was so mass produced and released, it wasn't worth it for faking. Also considering the shoe is extremely basic, you gotta be good to pull off a GOOD fake of that shoe.

The Freddy Version 1 sample is extremely limited and fakes of those are possible but extremely limited. Considering the shoe only saw faint/few numbers of pairs actually made, they are sz 9 and I'd stay away from any Version 1 outside of sz 9.

The Freddy Version 2 is the pair that kissed the package of shipping and receiving only to be recalled. There are a couple size runs of LEGIT version 2 Freddy's but only a few (ref above). The fake makers took full advantage of the Version 2 and that's why we are where we are: Are these Legit? I am confident in comparing this quality of fake to that of the Jedi. If you've seen fake Jedi's that were done well, it would really be hard to identify and there are some Freddy's that resemble that faked quality. This is definitely a great guide. Despite so many people wanting Freddy's and telling themselves "this pair on eBay has got to be real, or look at these on ISS, they got to be real." It
is time to reel it in and let's get the word out there and the foundation laid.

Wait until you see some revelations on Tiffany's? They did a great job faking those so stay tuned.

0moorad0

Feb 19, 2008
lol well my legit check was deemed legit....but the shoes are fake....hmmmmmmm idk if we should tell the iss counterfeit cartel that theyre wrong...and are horrible orrrrrrr post up this guide??

edit: and on a side note chip info is super clear, fakes are getting wayyy better ive seen tiffs that look super legit but the inside tag was off or the nike on the back was just barely off

Trav409

Feb 7, 2009
trav your the only person ive seen with legit size 12 freddies hahaha
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks guys!!!

Very happy right now, cheers. Cant believe Efren told you they were from FC :lol: *shakes head*

Its CRAZY the amount of freddy's that are on the market and 80% of the 'LEGIT' ones seem fake. Freddy's are going to become a RARITY once again, none of this selling them for $400 bullshit, now that i look back over the last 9-12 months there have been WAY too many freddy's up for sale and they kept selling for less and less.......i guess this guide will see things change.

I think that its really important for someone to alert the people on ISS, this has gone far enough and the cartel need to know.......

MoreSb4me

Jun 21, 2008
i say fuck em, thats what i got after telling em a while back.

but on a serious note, someone should

QUEBECGOLD

Feb 28, 2009
Just with the insole I see right away if is fake. ;)

str8rider38

Apr 16, 2009
Dam, i always wanted to pursue getting a pair of these, but after this, im having second thoughts now.

MoreSb4me

Jun 21, 2008
those are fake, and idk about the site but VMVinc had a full sz run of those. My homie bought a sz 8.5 pair from them for 400, FAKE.