General Automotive Talk

DUNXXX

Dec 21, 2006
i need a skid plate soon. //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//wink.gif
dont want to end up with a smashed oil pan. scrapes all over the place lol

uneek_sole

Mar 23, 2009
i can only imagine all the scrapes with it that low. would deff look sweet with some Schmidt's, bbs's or better yet get some alphards!!!!

bridgener

May 22, 2006
can anyone help me? I would like the build/purchase a go cart and have no knowledge in the area whatsoever
I've been thinking the same thing lately... I'm planning to draw up some 3d plans with autodesk inventor. You basically need some round steel tubing, some welding skills, about a 5 horsepower mower motor, a centrifugal clutch (among some other parts), figure out the steering linkage, and a lot of creativity/time.

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
rockthabells, I built one in shop class in high school. It's just like bridgener said. The trickiest part for me was wrapping my head around a good steering set-up and that is pretty easy when it comes down to it. If you can find an old 200cc atc you could pull the motor/transmission from that and you are in good shape. You could even give a go at modifying the rear axle for a smaller tire set up.

Dunxxx, just lay it out on bags lol. That must be a really stiff ride.

Suck My Kicks, nice choice. I really like that over the other 2 you posted a while back

a bit of an update on my car status I guess,

my old man bought this camry, '99 with 74,000 km on it. It's like an authentic grandma driven car his new winter beater.

So the '94 intrepid approaching 400k is now my winter car

also bought this truck,

coolkid7040

Sep 21, 2007
Get some BBS's for that golf and you'll be good to go. Or the R32 rims, those look so good.

Whoa, congrats on the mod status Andrew! I've been wondering why you hadn't already gotten it.

DUNXXX

Dec 21, 2006
//forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//wink.gif

infam0usP

Sep 23, 2008

a random Bimmer meet I went to a few weeks ago. think I might get trade my CSLs but not sure yet...got stereo mods to do first tho

dvlsfan30

Sep 25, 2007
those rs's on that vw are lookin so nice
i want some for my teg

bridgener

May 22, 2006
nice bbs' dunxxx, i bet you're happy with them!

kybosh, what's the plan for that truck now? did you get rid of your second one?

DUNXXX

Dec 21, 2006
nice bbs' dunxxx, i bet you're happy with them!
nah i wish it was mine.

its just another 4 door with the exact setup i want lol

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Had me fooled. Well, I think you know what to buy next!

C&KdLow

Oct 14, 2007
DUNXXX: True snowplow status right there!! and those BBS'=SEX haha

Pick up some smoked tails and a votex rack for the jetta yesturday. Going on tomorrow as well as new front brakes. Now the hunt for a thule fairing starts.

Winterstatus pics up soon!

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
lol dunxxx I was just about to say that looks really great. Oh well, nice choice anyways hope you get them soon.

bridgener, still have the other 2, this one is just for parts.

GMoney

Dec 13, 2006
^Nice!

I want the GTI but I'm going to get a Golf with everything instead once winter is over. The price of a Golf with everything I want on it is the starting price for the GTI. Figured I'll just go for looks since theres really no point in having a fast car around my way.

b!0hzrd

Dec 27, 2006
^Nice!

I want the GTI but I'm going to get a Golf with everything instead once winter is over. The price of a Golf with everything I want on it is the starting price for the GTI. Figured I'll just go for looks since theres really no point in having a fast car around my way.
personally, i think you can make the golf faster than the GTI anyway. the golf comes with a 2.5 inline 5, the GTI with a 2.0 turbo inline 4. i've seen at least one person bolt on boost to a base golf, making it like a GTI with an extra cylinder and a less aggressive bodykit, and still costing (a little bit) less than a comparably equipped GTI. you know, if there ever becomes a point in having a fast car around your way.....

HUSH, man, can't wait to see pics of your new GTI.

SkRiLlZ

Oct 19, 2006
Picked up my 2010 GTI yesterday, I ordered everything but 18's. Man I need a camera lol.
NICE! im still in the process of acquiring a Jeep SRT8. waiting on funds to pull the trigger.

before anyone goes.... Gas mileage song and dance. dont worry about the gas mileage. its a jeep thing*

Kr3st

Jun 24, 2007
^^ The SRT8 Jeep is amazing. Thing is clean and fast as fuck.

bridgener

May 22, 2006
^My neighbour has a silver SRT8. My house has an orgasm every time he drives by, followed by me.

forget the gas mileage, life is for having fun right?

dvlsfan30

Sep 25, 2007
yea the srt8's look really nice and are fast
and they sound awesome.

2010 gti's are also very sweet
id just get some different wheels asap if i owned it.