shenanigans.

i call photoshop.

bufoon

Aug 11, 2008
^ that LFA looks nice (but expensive)

Good looks Andrew

coolkid7040

Sep 21, 2007
The LFA is a waste of money for buyers, not to mention the fact that Lexus loses money on every one they build. It's a halo car, but it's undoubtedly going to get lost in the crowd of GT-Rs, ZR1's, Californias, 458 Italia's, 5.2 R8's, 599's, DBS's....the list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car (anything with more than 4 cylinders, much less 10, that can hit 9k rpm is a feat commendable in itself) and looks badass, but they need to price it at about half of what it's at right now for them to move, especially in relatively hard times. I guess if you've got that much money to burn, though, you don't really look at resale/ depreciation values, but i would never drop that kind of money when i could have just as much fun in an R8 or even an F430 for half that price and know i won't lose close to 2 bills in depreciation.

408phus

May 5, 2007
^^^

shenanigans.

i call photoshop.
touche! yes, till march when i got mmore money it wont be that low.
then i can't wait

CrazyHorse

May 3, 2006
The LFA is a waste of money for buyers, not to mention the fact that Lexus loses money on every one they build. It's a halo car, but it's undoubtedly going to get lost in the crowd of GT-Rs, ZR1's, Californias, 458 Italia's, 5.2 R8's, 599's, DBS's....the list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car (anything with more than 4 cylinders, much less 10, that can hit 9k rpm is a feat commendable in itself) and looks badass, but they need to price it at about half of what it's at right now for them to move, especially in relatively hard times. I guess if you've got that much money to burn, though, you don't really look at resale/ depreciation values, but i would never drop that kind of money when i could have just as much fun in an R8 or even an F430 for half that price and know i won't lose close to 2 bills in depreciation.
Like Richard Hammond said, this is an engineer's "wet dream". The only people who will send 340K on this car are people that know exactly what this car is capable of and the insane level of engineering utilized to manufacture it. This was a warning shot, not an attempt at a true "halo" car. It's priced right because it is no way possible it can be any cheaper. The automobile world has tried to knock Lexus since it's inception as being "dull" and Lexus got sick of it. They make magnificent cars and they're not performance vehicles nor are they marketed as such. They are balanced, comfortable cars with impeccable build quality. They've put comfort over performance since day one, excelled at their goal, and yet they get their very name stomped on by the media for not trying to spread themselves too thin and instead focus on a few things and perfect them. The LF-A and IS-F are just the beginning. If Lexus really wanted to, they could have went batshit with the LF-A, squeezed 700 horses out of it and sold it for souls but they just warned the industry that they're not incompetent or complacent (which is a common misconception). If I had 340K to spend, would I buy it? No, but I think the LF-A is Lexus' way of starting from the top and working their way down.

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
I agree with you guys for the most part. The LFA is definitely not my first choice if I had that kind of money to blow, hell it wouldn't even be my 50th choice. I think like crazy horse is saying it's more a warning, and a base for Lexus to start from. Which is great in my opinion. Lexus has impressed me quite a bit in the past with some of their forward thinking innovation. I'm pretty excited to see what they can bring to the "super car" world. I just see the LFA as a stepping stone for them.

DUNXXX

Dec 21, 2006
touche! yes, till march when i got mmore money it wont be that low.
then i can't wait
whats your plans for it? coils? air?

Oski

Dec 28, 2008

408phus

May 5, 2007
whats your plans for it? coils? air?
i've decided to go with coils, find a cheap pair of audi fat fives throw those on, and then ill be happy for a while

DUNXXX

Dec 21, 2006
are you on vwvortex?

coolkid7040

Sep 21, 2007
Andrew and CrazyHorse i definitely agree with you that Lexus is using this thing as a mantlepiece to show the rest of the automotive world what they're capable of, but still, to me it doesn't make any sense to build a car that is going to be a guaranteed loss. I guess their thought process is that they'll make up for it by selling more f-series cars in the future? Then again, they're backed by the, if not one of the most profitable car companies in the world (Toyota) so any losses will eventually be minimized. I guess that's the advantage of being big (same can be said of the Bugatti/ VW relationship); if a little company tried to do that, it would be game over.

macross8

Jun 6, 2007
same thing... not going to buy anything soon for me but a rx for the wife.

fatjodz

Dec 22, 2006
it's been a while since i've gotten anything new on my car so here's an update:

i installed a steeda bumpsteer kit along with their X2 balljoints (didn't install the spring spacer though so i could get the car a little lower)

and i bought some new wheels...here's a test fitment teaser pic (now, time to order some tires)

bridgener

May 22, 2006
^How wide are those and what are they? They look pretty tough from the back that's for sure.
Does the car ride any worse without the spring isolators? I put some polyurethane ones in the back of my capri and have some for the front this summer. I'm debating not putting them in to bring it down maybe another 1/8-1/4".

fatjodz

Dec 22, 2006
i have all my isolators in. the steeda x2 lower balljoints come with spring spacers that are supposed to be installed under the front springs to maintain your height but if you dont, the car will sit 1/2" to 3/4" lower.

i'm planning on removing all isos this summer and also going to get these (click me) to get rid of the rake