General Automotive Talk

bridgener

May 22, 2006
"feathered it up to 200 mph..."

Nelson Racing is serously top notch, I've been astounded by their work ever since I read about the F-Bomb camaro project they did with Hot Rod Magazine.

Jodz, let me know how those weight jackers go, I need something to replace the stock LCA's that I box welded last summer. Too much wheel hop!

deadcity

Mar 19, 2007
MK4 Golf GTI as a daily

MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet in the Summer

Resolution

Dec 7, 2007
Stopped the Shoe game for awhile to save up for this...

uneek_sole

Mar 23, 2009
fail pics^^

edit**
dope MR, definitely worth more than any pair of shoes IMO.

b!0hzrd

Dec 27, 2006
deadcity, NICE GTIs! both of them! i never see the Mk4 in black where i live but i have to say it's good. any mod list for the daily driver or is it strictly a daily driver?

resolution, well worth taking a break from the shoe game. she looks gorgeous.

deadcity

Mar 19, 2007
deadcity, NICE GTIs! both of them! i never see the Mk4 in black where i live but i have to say it's good. any mod list for the daily driver or is it strictly a daily driver?
It is my daily driver and its completely standard in that pic, apart from the German Spec number plates. Since that photo was taken at ED38 its had Montreal II wheels (GTI options extra wheels in the UK), dropped 40mm so its not too low for daily use, but reduces the arch gap, US spec GTI rear lights and a smaller aerial off a civic so it doesn't look like a remote controlled car. Enignie is the standard 1.8t.

Cant think of all the mods on the MK1, I bought it as a non runner, with a bad paint job. Mods I can think of off the top of my head: Full respray, single light grille, 80mm drop, 14" BBS, mohair roof, new dashboard, new interior, black badges...

coolkid7040

Sep 21, 2007
fuckkk my cousins not coming back until april so I won't have a car until then... i might get some shots of it this weekend tho, going down with his brother and my dad to drive it around. not telling until pics are up though.

dvlsfan30

Sep 25, 2007
nice evo a few post ups
sooo nice

dvlsfan30

Sep 25, 2007
crappy pic of my gsr but once spring rolls around may get the jdm front end back on or just repaint the stock front bumper with an itr lip and some new wheels hopefully

Angelachan

May 20, 2007
deadcity i think i just fell in love...

Well this is me, 2010 subie outback 3.6R

deadcity

Mar 19, 2007
deadcity i think i just fell in love...
With the MK1?

Just found the full Mod/what I (and my dad when I needed some help) had to fix list off the VW forum i'm on..
- Hundreds of hours spent rubbing her down
- New disks, pads and callipers
- Replaced both CV joints and Ball Joints
- Complete respray in black
- Complete new slam panel
- Rust patches on the back passenger wing cut out and new metal welded in
- New driver door
- New front lights
- New wing mirrors
- New bonnet
- Brand new, custom made carpets.
- New interior (Seats, dashboard, steering wheel and parcel shelf)
- Made new hard board door cards as the orginals were water damaged
- New single light GTI grille
- Brand new Mohair roof
- New windscreen
- BBS Alloys, refurbed, and resprayed reflex silver
- Crystal rear lights
- New exhaust
- Original golf ball gear knob
- New Ariel
- Original badges, sprayed black

All in all I spent about £5,000 on the car and getting it fixed up. (About $8,000)

Here's a couple of photos from getting her fixed up:

To this..

deadcity

Mar 19, 2007
And blog post FTW Angela! //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//biggrin.gif

Angelachan

May 20, 2007
And blog post FTW Angela! //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//biggrin.gif
fuck i want your mk1, she's so beautiful...

dychi

Nov 16, 2008
2009 Lexus rx350

deadcity

Mar 19, 2007
fuck i want your mk1, she's so beautiful...
She wasn't when I got her. Theres some photos on the last page of what she was like when I first got her...

Option

Jan 17, 2007
My radiator decided to take a shit on me today.

So I have a Megan Racing Aluminum radiator in the mail.

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Late last year I picked up a set of Enkei 92's. When I received them I quickly realized they weren't anywhere near as nice as I thought they'd be. They were dinged, scratched, some had serious flatspots and they were quite oxidized. Anyways, I decided to make the best of them and try to refinish them as best as I could...
They came to my door looking like this:

I've only "finished" one of the four. I made a mold to hammer the flatspots out, then chemically stripped the paint off. Took a wire brush to the back of them, and used plenty of scotchbrite, toothbrushes, steel wool, and got the remaining paint off. After that, I masked the lips and painted them. After drying the paint, I polished the lip as well as I could get it. All in all I have about 10 hours of tedious work into this one wheel alone. It's not perfect but it'll have to do I guess!