A Tribe Called Quest
    The Low End Theory

General Automotive Talk

slickerxcuh

Jul 2, 2007
Hi guys!

Before

After

ohh side note: rockin fake wheels is worst than rockin fake shoes. how can your tires cost more than ur rims -_- smh

sirjuice35

Jul 6, 2007
hey guys i got a question for y'all. anybody here drive an 03-04 chevy impala? im trying to upgrade the speakers from stock to aftermarket but i dont know what brand or kind of speakers to go with. anybody have any input or could point me in the right direction? help is def appreciated.

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
It's not going to snow again, mark my words.
scratch that*

Hi guys!

Before
[]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s83/slickerxcuh/si/9418_512685553279_139800053_3051413.jpg[/IMG]

After
[]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s83/slickerxcuh/si/12137_513110636409_139800053_305270.jpg[/IMG]

ohh side note: rockin fake wheels is worst than rockin fake shoes. how can your tires cost more than ur rims -_- smh
Did you buy a salvage vehicle and get it repaired? or wreck it and repair it?
Also my tires cost more then my wheels....

sirjuice35, just check out some impala forums. I'm sure they will all have an audio/interior section with all the answers and tutorials you could ever want.

Here is 2 off a quick google,

http://www.impalaforums.com/audio-video-electronics/
http://www.naioa.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=11

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Haha, I'm glad I didn't take my car out. Snow is such a bummer!
Friday I took a couple of my enkei rims to get straightened. Turns out one of them is seriously out of whack and might be irrepairable. They're going to do their best to fix them, and for 160 bucks it better work for my wallet's sake. I guess picking up sea crystals is going to have to wait another year.

What's so bad about spending more for tires than wheels? Your car only handles as well as your tires can allow. What are "fake" rims anyways?

xdiamondx7

Aug 24, 2007
Haha, I'm glad I didn't take my car out. Snow is such a bummer!
Friday I took a couple of my enkei rims to get straightened. Turns out one of them is seriously out of whack and might be irrepairable. They're going to do their best to fix them, and for 160 bucks it better work for my wallet's sake. I guess picking up sea crystals is going to have to wait another year.

What's so bad about spending more for tires than wheels? Your car only handles as well as your tires can allow. What are "fake" rims anyways?
he is probably meaning replicas

bridgener

May 22, 2006
ah. If that's what he means, I have no qualms with them.

*edit @ eli: I agree... If I could get a cheap replica of my enkei meshes, I'd go that route in a second.
My tires won't be costing too too much though, I'm going for some Kumho Ecsta SPT's. I've heard they're a great bang for the buck. Anyone running a set?

eli_is_vicious

Aug 5, 2009
he is probably meaning replicas
There's nothing wrong with replica's either. If I hadn't got my BBS's for a good price I would've went Rota & not felt any different about it. My tires are also more expensive than my wheels....at least for what they both cost me.

coolkid7040

Sep 21, 2007
^^seconded. i see absolutely nothing wrong with buying replicas, especially if they're decent quality. I'd much rather spend my money on vmr's then dropping close to $2k on OE csl rims for my car.

sirjuice35

Jul 6, 2007

eli_is_vicious

Aug 5, 2009
ah. If that's what he means, I have no qualms with them.

*edit @ eli: I agree... If I could get a cheap replica of my enkei meshes, I'd go that route in a second.
My tires won't be costing too too much though, I'm going for some Kumho Ecsta SPT's. I've heard they're a great bang for the buck. Anyone running a set?
My mom has them on her TL, I'm gonna throw them on my WRX & see if they do as well. I like them on her car though.

Resolution

Dec 7, 2007
^^seconded. i see absolutely nothing wrong with buying replicas, especially if they're decent quality. I'd much rather spend my money on vmr's then dropping close to $2k on OE csl rims for my car.
Rota's ftw

pelotudo

Aug 25, 2008
Rota's ftw
honestly if I could find a set of 18" rotas slips in E36 lug/offset i'd buy them to daily instead of my regamasters

that is, until track day of course.

deCASTRO

Oct 19, 2006
^^Lovin' that E36 M3!
Working towards an E36 or an E39 myself.

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
The tires are fine, but apparently my engine is leaking oil out of the rear main seal and has sprung a leak in the timing cover. I guess springtime will also be "engine pulling time"!
Man I never should have joked about break downs and you. God damn karma came back and bit me in the ass on Saturday. The transmission went on my blazer... $1800 for a rebuild, fack!

coolkid7040

Sep 21, 2007
^^damn, that sucks Andrew. would it be cheaper just to source the same trans from somewhere else? I know I've seen the ones they use in the fords down below $1k. At that price it might be cheaper to drop a replacement one in since wont they have to pull yours for the rebuild anyway?

On a side note, went home two weeks ago and wanted to share a couple pictures with you guys:

My dad is one of those people who needs to keep his hands busy, so after our power went out b/c of the storm he decided it would be a good idea to pull all the cars into the driveway. Apparently this is our christmas card for this year lol. Note the nasty dent my brother put in the 2.5 right after I popped the old one out :(

Our beauty and my best friend&#39;s beast (fuc/< supercharged 6&#39;s, the 4.2 is a bulldog). I spent most of my week running back and forth in the 360 trying to get emissions done. Failed three times. At least it&#39;s got temp plates now. My dad "forgot" to tell me I had been driving it on an expired registration and insurance for 6 months prior to that.

The last day of the Phaeton. I was the one that found it when we bought it, and I was there to see it go. Good memories with this one. Perfect car for triple-digit cruising. Thing could really fly, and it attracted zero attention.

Sorry for the long post. Hope you guys enjoy some of these pics, and if not, well fuc/< you!

Suck My Kicks

Apr 5, 2008
damn i love that red ls. i need that black interior for my gsr.
it looks exactly like yours with the slips just cypress green pearl. //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.gif

the ek is clean too, just not crazy about the rims

i just need to get the front bumper painted still.. miss the jdm front :(
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/Paintball4lyfe/IMG_0484.jpg
yeah i just got bored of my integra, i wanted something new
i was real close to getting an 02-03 acura tl
but i dont think im ready to settle down..lol

yeah your gsr is clean i think i remember seeing you put up a pic with it having a jdm front
i always wanted to do tht but no funds....

yeah i got the wheels cause they look like some SSR Reverse Meshes

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Damn that sucks kybosh! Are you buying a rebuild kit or are you getting it done somewhere else? Perfect opportunity to learn how an automatic trans works...

cookid, that&#39;s quite the stable you&#39;ve got there! What&#39;s in the cougar motor/trans wise? And is that a bronco I see peeping out from the back?

dvlsfan30

Sep 25, 2007
yea it used to have the jdm front
your ek looks soo clean though. i want an ek hatch

coolkid7040

Sep 21, 2007
Damn that sucks kybosh! Are you buying a rebuild kit or are you getting it done somewhere else? Perfect opportunity to learn how an automatic trans works...

cookid, that&#39;s quite the stable you&#39;ve got there! What&#39;s in the cougar motor/trans wise? And is that a bronco I see peeping out from the back?
Thanks bridgener, we&#39;re definitely a car family haha. yes that&#39;s a bronco, good eye, &#39;89 with a 302 and 4spd auto, i got it for 1k bucks only to have my dad buy it from me a few months later, now it&#39;s our work truck and every once in a while he takes it to the office //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//biggrin.gif the cougar&#39;s my late grandma&#39;s car, they bought it new in &#39;67, it&#39;s just a base 289 with the c4 auto but when my uncle rebuilt it he threw dual super 44s on it, sounds absolutely MEAN. personally, i was all for the crate 427 and 4spd but naturally my mom wasn&#39;t having any of it lol. they wanted to keep it as stock as possible but at least i got the exhaust. that&#39;s kind of become my moms/ brothers car now though, the ferrari is more of my dad&#39;s and mine. long story behind that one too...

bridgener

May 22, 2006
I love those old bronco&#39;s. From the days before the luxury SUV&#39;s. Oh yeah that Ferrari aint too shabby either //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//wink.gif

Do you guys have a massive garage or just park the cars outside?