Help First Timer.

Justin Pagdilao

Dec 24, 2012
Well, I'm trying to get a deal with some guy for Stefan Janoski Winos sz 9.5. for 115 + Shipping. So I thought it was a good deal. He took pictures of the shoes and sent it to my email. It looks legit. Then he told me that we should make a thread on here, so people here can see that we're making a trade. Then after the thread and everyone witnessing he said that I should sent the money to his paypal and after he gets it, he would send it right away. Since this is my first time doing this, I thought it was a scam. He told me that it wasn't and that I have nothing to lose. If I got scam I can file a complaint on paypal and show proof that he scammed by the thread and messages. He said shouldn't pay him in paypal as a "gift" because then it would be harder to get back as a scam. He said ,but if I pay as "purchase" I can get my money back. Is that true? Should I trust him? 

cheatingk9610

Apr 16, 2010
Yup, buyer protection is more effective when paying non-gift. It will even make it easier since you will have written proof of what is actually going on in the ttransaction.

cheatingk9610

Apr 16, 2010
Also, trades are iffy though. If you get scammed, it might be harder to get whatever else is included in the trade. For me, I perfer the item shipped to me so I can inspect the item and condition. If everything checks out, I will then proceed with my side of the deal. I know this can't Always happen, but if your dealing with someone here, they should be cool with it!

Justin Pagdilao

Dec 24, 2012
So I should do it? & Since I'm a sophmore in high school, my parent's don't want me to hold a credit card. So I asked my brother if I can borrow his card for this & he doesn't have paypal, so I'd have to sign up. Do you think that he'll be suspicious?

cheatingk9610

Apr 16, 2010
Shouldn't be a problem. But make sure when you get verified on PayPal, or a "confirmed" address. It makes things easier for the seller. Other the. That just follow the steps in PayPal and you should be okay.

Justin Pagdilao

Dec 24, 2012
Alright thank you so much for the help. Do you mind if I message you whenever I have a problem or advice?

cheatingk9610

Apr 16, 2010
No problem dude. Hopefully everything goes smooth and you get your wino's, they're my fav janoski to date!