• Drunk
    Them Changes
    Thundercat
    Drunk

iPhone anyone?

Steve-in-Barrie

Jul 19, 2007
hey guys,
i drove down to the states on monday to pick up an iphone.
i must say its the best piece of technology ive ever owned.
the cool factor is 20 out of 10 for sure...

unlocking was super easy and theres already tons of 3rd party apps and theme's designed for full personalization...

anybody have one or hoping to get one?

heres a pic of mine...
IMG_8020.jpg

ray90

Jan 18, 2007
yea i got mine too from NYC
friend unlocked it for me, the only problem is that if you have a data plan from Rogers you are going to get fucked from this phone
cause if you don't have WiFi one it'll automatically use the data plan to update shit for you

i got mine for FREE too =D

markdelete

Jan 19, 2007
waiting until version 2 hits & hopefully it gets released up here offically. as much as i want the thing, im stuck on telus for now & couldnt deal with any less than 16GB.
just dont update your itunes or iphones guys. you'll break your stuff.

Steve-in-Barrie

Jul 19, 2007
yea i got mine too from NYC
friend unlocked it for me, the only problem is that if you have a data plan from Rogers you are going to get fucked from this phone
cause if you don't have WiFi one it'll automatically use the data plan to update shit for you

i got mine for FREE too =D

i found an application that allows you to turn off your edge connection...
i was afraid of having a really costly data bill but this works perfectly...

NEWSNEAKERHEAD

Jul 6, 2005
Wait till you have to update it from Apple.

Steve-in-Barrie

Jul 19, 2007
the update is already out and obviously you can avoid it....
im waiting until the heads at the iphone dev group bypass the decryption and provide an unlock...no big deal...
still lovin the iphone experience.

NEWSNEAKERHEAD

Jul 6, 2005
Oh Apple has done a firmware update? That's news to me.......cough cough
You can't avoid the update for long..... They have a nasty habit of constantly updating the software to get rid of bugs....( I'm sure Unlocking them is one....since it's just manipulated files.)You obviously haven't owned Apple software before..... Anyways a phone that doesn't do half the shit it's supposed to do UP HERE yet doesn't really interest me.

Steve-in-Barrie

Jul 19, 2007
ive actually owned several apple products and am aware of their constant need to update software, i am actually writing this via my mac...but anyways, i am running software version 1.0.2 which is the second newest version. 1.1.1 has not been cracked yet, i am not missing any function of the phone except visual voicemail which is at&t dependant but every feature on my phone works...youtube, sms, safari, email, phone everything.
its almost as if its a rogers branded phone except that it isnt.
its only a matter of time before the newest version of the firmware (1.1.1) is cracked and unlocked iphones around the world will be able to update to such firmware.

sites to check out with info are...
www.modmyiphone.com
http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
www.hackint0sh.org

before i decided to purchase an iphone i had been keeping a close eye on hackers and what they had been succsessfull with. meaning, well, the phone came out in june i think? and it wasnt sucsessfully unlocked until august maybe even sept. so i wanted to make sure a unlock was possible before i rushed out to purchase. the unlock procedure i used was VERY straight forward and easy...modmyiphone has a very good step by step guide.
the iphone hacking world also has been very supportive, always posting updates and progressions that they have made in the ever continuing fight against unlocking the iphone.
basically after every update apple makes its only a matter of time until a new "fix" surfaces. and the hackers have no hesitation in sharing this with the world.

all in all i am very happy with the decision i made to purchase and unlock, its the fuckin coolest piece of technology i have ever owned, pardon my french.

enflip23

May 17, 2007
sold mine for og price the week after because i didnt like it

NEWSNEAKERHEAD

Jul 6, 2005
Your Intel Mac I bet...... Your running a software update on the OS not Firmware. Plus most of those features listed only work via WiFi. Those others.....? Well you'll get your bill. Anyways I digress........
Glad your happy with it but it really sounds like "Sat. TV" to me. I think I'll wait till there is actually a legit package for one.

Steve-in-Barrie

Jul 19, 2007
yea i was afraid of my bill aswell...thats why i installed a feature called services. it allows you to turn of edge whenever you want.
basically its a life saver.
i mean, simply only using the internet and youtbe and such, when your connected to a wifi is easy obviously.

to each his own.....

NEWSNEAKERHEAD

Jul 6, 2005
Well your lucky you got yours when you did. Apparently the ones at the Apple Store in the Galleria are shipping with the uncracked software. Older models are fetchin' quite a dollar on the bay. Don't get me wrong I'de love one, but I'de rather not have to worry about relying on someone to crack the software updates every couple months. Sounds like Grey Sat. TV to me all over again.

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
I really like the concept of the iphone, just an all in one thing, but like Newsneakerhead was saying, half the shit that the iphone comes with isn't even offered to canadians and the price is the same. If they do come out with some really god packages i just might hook one of these up. Right now though if your looking for just a pda there is so many other better options.