The Beatles
    Abbey Road (Remastered)

Kickflip tip?

• Thread starter Gabriel Capulong
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Gabriel Capulong

So, I've been skating for about 6 years, and I've always had trouble learning. Last year I finally landed my frist ollie, and that's all I was able to do. I can't do it well moving, but only stationary. Anyway, to my main point, I stopped skating since then because I couldn't get kickflips. I always had a problem of getting my front foot to land. My back foot would always land, but not my front. I recently started trying again, and now my problem is landing any foot on the board.��� 

This is a list of things that are in my mind, and what I'm trying to do when I attempt to kickflip:

-Lean foward
-Pop and jump, slide, flick, catch
-Flick out, and lift leg up, don't flick down

I've recorder my self attempting it. Thanks.

[youtube]efNA1AwP0g[/youtube]

[youtube]5X5Qha4HJfg[/youtube]

Regain

May 25, 2010
Maybe you've learned it by now, but if not, I'll try to help you out.
First of all, try doing it while riding.

In the video I can see you're still afraind of bailing, which is a bad thing if you actually want to land a kickflip.

You could try to catch the board on the artwork instead of on the grip, this way you won't fall and you still get to learn how to catch. After you get accompanied with the catch and the position of your feet, try to get the whole flip in. While flipping, make sure you flick out your flipfeet instead of pushing it down.

There's no real easy way to learn this trick, but this is what I advise to kids who want to learn the kickflip. It has been helpfull to a lot of kids I know.

Hope you get the trick down soon.

G

Gabriel Capulong

No, I haven't learned the trick yet. I find it harder to do tricks while rolling, it messes with my balance. When I try flicking, the board pushes my feet down, and the board is really heavy, so I can't flick it fast, or flick my feet out.

St3v3nChUnG

Jul 26, 2010
seems like you are rushing the flip
just let it flip and bend your knees more when you are in mid air, giving you extra landing time and you should see some progress .
And honestly dont watch tip tricks vid or anything like that.
reason why is because you wanna stand in a position you feel most comfortable standing and not how others.
Just play with your position of your footing and you will soon enough find that g spot ;)
Hope this helps
Put up vid of any progress :)

skaterat

Dec 21, 2006
stay on top of it and imagine the flip happening right under you, not in front... you've got the flip, you just need to put your center on top and catch it as it comes up to you. the catch you'll do with the back foot. pop... flick... catch... land.

1. flick... make sure that front foot is out of the way.
2. catch... let it flip and then put that back foot on it!
3. and then come down gracefully and give your board the finger.

you will also bust your ass doing kickflips, which you most likely already know.
BUT... kickflips are one of the great joys in life and when you get it, it feels great. and then you'll be kickflipping homeless guys in no time:)

look at reynolds and lizard king for the creme de la creme

cheatingk9610

Apr 16, 2010
i always did them with the flick foot up more on the board (between the upper four screws and the middle of the board) and more of my front part of my foot on the board then the heel...hope you can figure it out dude!

St3v3nChUnG

Jul 26, 2010
i say we all post our kick flips :)

Regain

May 25, 2010
I'll make a vid of my kickflip when it'll stop raining here.

Raeivet

Oct 1, 2011
Hey guys, it's me Gabriel. So it's been like a month or so now. And I still can't land it.I tried holding on to something to boost me up. I've been trying carpet, but I can't flick if I do it on there. I just finished a couple of attempts. I've been practicing every day for at least 2 hours.

I've been focusing on less pop, more jump height, flicking, and bringing my front foot back up, and not put it down. But every time I try to bring the front foot back up one of the following happens:

-The board flips but both of my feet land on the ground before the board fully rotates and lands

-My backfoot gets planted on the ground instead, and my front foot stays in the air, but the board doesn't rotate in a good way

-The board doesn't flip at all and it just becomes a weird ollie

-The board almost flips, but gets stuck on my front foot(back foot gets stomped on the ground right after the pop) and it follows my front foot as I try to bring it back up.

It's been 7 years, and I still can't do this. What the fuck? Help please.

Tryfekta

Jan 2, 2012
Try pretending like you are doing an ollie. Make the same jump motion, but slide your foot off to the side. In the video you posted, it seems like your foot may be a little too far down on the board. Put your toes maybe like an inch or 2 down from the front bolts, and try messing around with the angle at which your flick foot is at. Dont worry man, it took me like 3 years to learn kickflips. Once you learn em' everything else comes easier.

Dont think kickflip. Think ollie, with a flick. Good luck!

Raeivet

Oct 1, 2011
[QUOTE=Just STUDY this video and the foot coordination you will have it down in no time.