montreal

bridgener

May 22, 2006
I can't go to off the hook anymore. Every time I go there I get too tempted. All those awesome maxims coming out are just too much for me to handle. Didn't even know they were getting the solebox 1500's!

See matt, I AM giving up this clothes and shoes hoarding. I'm even selling off my once-prized dunks!

mattskates

Mar 6, 2008
you may have to end your streak of not going to off the hook anymore since they are having a huge sample sale this friday - sat. :p

bridgener

May 22, 2006
lol i admit, i checked it out today. Didn't find anything that was worth picking up. The prices weren't even that great IMO.

Oct 19, 2006
dropped by today on my way to work around 1pm and only bought a stussy fitted...i was too lazy to check the sample sales on the third floor tho ;/
i was a bit disappointed by the very few Ransom pieces they're carrying...
& spoke with Angelo a bit ..we were reminiscing about the good 'old expos lol

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Off the hook is great for that reason. I rarely buy anything there, but there's always someone around to talk shoes with.

I was a little young to be fully into the expos, but I do have vague memories of moises alou killing it, and that awesome feeling of going to a couple of games at the stadium with my dad.

Oct 19, 2006
same here...i always drop by i guess by habits and might copp a fitted or shirt every now and then but i dont spend $$ there as much as before..say circa '02-'04 you kno when LRG was still unknow to the masses?!..lol
but real talk maybe cause im older but most of the brands they carry dont appeal to me anymore..umm too flashy.. i want less colorfull clothes & more subtle branding nawmean..

i jusst came back from Instock/Gotsole..not much caught my eyes there..i couldnt help but laugh@some of the prices (09 true blue..4bills the fuck!) but had a nice chat with Toddy about...kicks!very knowledgeable dude..showed me his wtaps samples he got for mad cheap..damn.

stay up MTL!

bridgener

May 22, 2006
I think I saw you walking through peel metro last week (friday maybe?) I was gonna say what's up but you were too quick! Looked like you were on a mission lol.

Oct 19, 2006
really..theres a slight chance it was me ...thats the station where i get off for work...but i always make a quick detour to les cours mont-royal and check whats new..either that or i was late for work!lol

nicnack

Sep 14, 2008
So does instock/gotsole got anything good? Ain't got the chance to pass by. Also anybody with size 8-8.5 heat hit me up

Oct 19, 2006
damn i was so surprise to see another username here beside the three 'regulars' //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//biggrin.gif

i havent been there since last november but sure they have 'heat'..basically its like a mini

Fight Club...so expect some outrageous pricing!
although they havent update since forever check it out if you havent done it yet: http://gotsoleconsignment.blogspot.com/

nicnack

Sep 14, 2008
Hahaha I accidently scrolled past the B/S/T and noticed a regional forum LOL.

Hmm guess I'll check it out

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Yeah, it's definitely worth a look. When I go I know that at the very least I'll get to drool over a bunch of heat that I'll probably never get to wear!

nicnack

Sep 14, 2008
Is there any other spots I should know about?

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Other than Off the Hook, we don't have much. For SB there's always Underworld, and City Styles actually has a great selection of stuff but they tend to rape prices.

mattskates

Mar 6, 2008
City Styles actually has a great selection of stuff but they tend to rape prices.
they also like it when your skin color is dark. hahahaha.

try Empire also if you like paying in the 130 prices for sbs.

nicnack

Sep 14, 2008
Which stores are getting the varsity red 6's?

Oct 19, 2006
Sports 2000 on Jarry street (located right in front of the Jarry station) still have a few sizes left,i bought mine there a few days ago...priced at 210$cad but with a bit of negotiating you'll get a deal.

Oct 19, 2006
MTL peeps...for those who shop there, Eighty Six store will no longer carry Nike....damn i had high hopes for the AM1s spring release,this sucks!
most of the nike stocks left is on sale but sizes selection are not that great.

mattskates

Mar 6, 2008
MTL peeps...for those who shop there, Eighty Six store will no longer carry Nike....damn i had high hopes for the AM1s spring release,this sucks!
most of the nike stocks left is on sale but sizes selection are not that great.
wow, ruined my day. lol.

BLACKOUT

Mar 17, 2006
Hello up there. I am posting to warn you guys about a Canadian NSB member named Richboy!

Back in april 2009 i made a agreement to trade my ds bred 1s sz6 for his sz10 nelly spizikes. Because he had more feedback i shipped first. A week later i pmed him asking if they came yet. He said no. I checked the tracking number right after and it had said it has left customs. I told myself ok. Its on its way. A few days later i pmed him again asking if it came he said no it hasnt. Im a patient guy so i waited another week to contact him. Once again he said no it hasnt arrived. Mind you this is the end of may. I started to contact my the Canadian post office. They said that they could track it after it left customs. So i thought to myself damn, im taking a L. I pmed him and he said he might send me the shoes because he felt bad. A week later i asked him whats up and he said he sold them. Damn again. Then i waited untill august to contact him. He again said no, they didnt come. At that time i just gave up.

2 days ago i became nosy and searched his last post. Of course i found this. Scroll down to the middle of the page.
http://www.solecollector.com/forums/official-toronto-thread-t925336.html?highlight=richboy
Wed May 06, 2009 12:23 pm is when he posted the pic. He did get them in the mail. He scammed me. Now he is banned for selling in this thread. Its cool. Karma is a mutha and he will get whats coming to him. Beware!