The Beatles
    Abbey Road (Remastered)

Nike Dunk Mid Pro SB (no straps)

A. Bizzy

Aug 24, 2008
Very sick! Liking the colors for sure!

Devin RTC

Jul 10, 2007
I like some have said agree that it's possible nike is ditching the straps to cut costs. However last time I checked....how many people like straps on sneakers? Not many....not to mention in so many cases they are poorly implimented and look horrible when not in use(see nike vandal high). I for one have been hoping for a long time that nike would do this. There were so many good color ways for the mid that seriously were destroyed by that geriatric/todler looking strap.

This colorway is impressive. I've got to say though...nike sb has seriously....and I mean seriously Fallen off. They way they changed the cut of the dunk high is just terrible. At first I didnt mind they way they destuffed the toungues on lows....but now I realize how much better they were because of it.

Anyway..i will probobly be picking up a pair. I'll save the big money for the old releases. Just picked up a pair of dunk highs from 99 in mint. Black and white colorway. They had arch supports and the leather is just so premie and the cut is just prime. Thats the way i like it.

baesa38

Aug 21, 2009
i love mids....because of the straps...these are a let down for me =/ prob done coppin new releases other than the eric koston ones in 2010 summer and the black gumsole high's

kennyton

Jul 9, 2009
Nice, nike did the the right thing for once. I ussually just cut the straps when i get mids but now nike can do it for me //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//wink.gif

Salva Nos

Sep 3, 2007
no straps look SICK. i never used the strap anyway.

A. Bizzy

Aug 24, 2008
Personally I like the straps. Even though I don't use them I still think they look sick!

I do like these a lot mainly because they're different. I sure hope they don't do away with the strap but these are very cool!

Personally I like the straps. Even though I don't use them I still think they look sick!

I do like these a lot mainly because they're different. I sure hope they don't do away with the strap but these are very cool!

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Mids originally came without straps before SB. Glad to see they are back to the original way.
let's just hope the flaps are high-top style too! The flaps on my old GR mids were what made them.

rallycars

Aug 27, 2008
Cool they are trying things. Hopefully not to save money on materials alone. Really like the jpacks, but they are noticeably less comfortable than earlier mids and to which these look very similar. I haven't tried out the newer mids yet to see if this issue persists. Northern lights I find to be very much more comfortable than the jpack. Momma Bears feel like pillows, they are very nice. Also the new cut of the high looks pretty suspect, looking very narrow and long even in small sizes. I agree that straps are very disgusting on many shoes, but dunks pull it off too well to simply dismiss. Mids are my favorite, but lows and highs also get love. I think the strap should stay, but is this another sign of the times; cutting out the cool features? I hope not. It seems as if they are slowly drifting the dunk image and appear to be releasing less next year. I wonder if they are trying to kill of the dunk in hopes of selling more new models, introduce two lines- sucky new, and original flavor dunks, or take away all the cool stuff and give it to Koston for a pro model very similar to older dunks. I think they have some agenda going on that I don't fully comprehend.

G

These look promising, the no straps might be a better look for the mid anyway

slow-z

Jan 20, 2009
i'm torn between straps and no straps on mids...some look good with them and some look good without

i think in this case because the colorway is simple the strapless look will look good

A. Bizzy

Aug 24, 2008
I cannot wait until more pics surface!

Tropic-Thunder

Mar 14, 2009
i think the straps are what are unique about the mids but this is a great concept but i hope that the straps arnt gone forever

xdiamondx7

Aug 24, 2007
the strap on the mids is what set them apart from highs and lows i no that they are in between the two in terms of height and they do have the optional lace hole protectors but if you take the strap away it kills the shoes look and it uniqueness

Nonlogo

Apr 10, 2009
I Love Red !!! will be copping this for sure dont mind if they have strap or no strap

Perf3kt

May 9, 2008
i used to hate straps till recently and i think they look sick when they hang. too me it looks awkward and incomplete without the strap

shakagargoyle

May 3, 2009
The strap was a nice touch if you skated mids...

Kinda kept everything in place.

XBX80

Dec 17, 2006
I think these look very nice, id cop if I didnt already have like 10 pairs of red shoes

MistahFresh

Mar 28, 2009
i liked straps. lookin hella plain witout the strap. lookin like a fake hi to me.