Signing in through FB and "Who's Online" is blank

QKkicks

Mar 14, 2011
When I use Safrai or Firefox I am auto signed into NSB through facebook and I can't login even if I logout and try to log back in...Works fine with chrome 

And then I just noticed that all the names on the "Who's Online" went away

sidious

Administrator
Apr 13, 2005
if your signed into facebook and your facebook account is register click on login signs you in automatically.

testing the grounds on if it's a feature that works OK. There will be a section on your facebook stuff (login, what you want shared, etc..) very soon.

the whos online.. no idea why thats not showing other than a design bug with css or the html, code wise nothing has changed.

brownbear22

Aug 11, 2009
same for me on the "who's online" part.. it never lists people anymore, its just blank

Daaave

Mar 12, 2012
I was just about to post that FB thing. Probably due to using the same password for most stuff.

OP, logout of FB, log into NSB then log back into FB.

sidious

Administrator
Apr 13, 2005
^ yup..

chime in a little more on the thought process and how it works. the new login page is SSL encrypted so a secure session is in place. the facebook API assigns a cookie when you hit the login page and checks if you're registered with the site and the site is authorized with your FB account.

if so, we say OK this is you and kill the small time it takes to to type in a password etc.. especially if you come back down the road and have forgot it per se.. it just flows in a sense so there's a little less friction.

i've had a few experiences where it annoyed me and mainly it was because i was attempting to test functionality of other features but over all it's seem pretty convient.

if anyone cap the who's online and what browser i will look into it more.

M

Matt Dao

didnt realize my login was with facebook. my name is covrt for a reason..

cheatingk9610

Apr 16, 2010
so you can't make an account with your own personalized username anymore? Just user your facebook name?

brownbear22

Aug 11, 2009
so it seems like every time I have to enter my login info ppl show up on my "who's online"
but whenever Im already auto-logged in the list is empty

Justinn

Jan 18, 2009
can we just get rid of this facebook thing? or atleast stop the auto log in?
it really annoys me when i'm on fb, and i decide to log onto this site only to be logged onto my fb account..

QKkicks

Mar 14, 2011
+1000

brownbear22

Aug 11, 2009
who's online still doesn't work either. I tested my theory and if I log out and then log back in ppl show up, but if I open my browser and Im already logged in then its blank.
This was one of my favorite features cuz I stay in touch with a lot of ppl Ive met here this way, hope it can be fixed soon.

sidious

Administrator
Apr 13, 2005
can you detail the browser you are using and / or operating system?

brownbear22

Aug 11, 2009
Mac OSX / Safari version 5.1.7