Styleguide Suggestions

El_Duce

Dec 25, 2010
Some styleguide suggestions I thought of.
-List of rules at the top of the page explaining what is/isn't allowed, what will get your picture deleted, and what will get you banned. For this I think we should say something like fits/on feet pics are okay, pickups/multiple versions of same fit/ irrelevant pics and spam will be deleted, repeat offenders will be banned.
-Some way to show that JT and I are mods, maybe an icon next to our names or have our names be another color.
-A tag/notification system like on Instagram, where you can tag someone in comments and get notified when you're tagged.
-A way to like/unlike, thumbs up/thumbs down, upvote/downvote etc. comments
I'll probably think of more later.

Joseph James

Jan 10, 2011
El_Duce writes:
either i'm missing alot of pics before they get axed, but i think everyone knows by now to post on feet pics.
more schweg points for comments? #swag bailout

El_Duce

Dec 25, 2010
JosephJames writes:
They're not appearing as much as they used to, but usually when it happens it's first time posters/ people who haven't posted in a while. Hopefully by seeing rules at the top of the page they learn not to post that stuff before JT or I delete em.
The comment thing was more of a FB like system in my mind. People see that your comment is popular/unpopular but that's about all it does.

sidious

Administrator
Apr 13, 2005
this is awesome and has been noted - I am pushing updates to all of the site, refining and polish and these suggestions are great.

As a mod, would you mind giving a break down on what you would like people to know (it will be on the right hand side when someone visits)

El_Duce

Dec 25, 2010
sidious writes:
just some shit off the top of my head.
1. ALL FAKE KICKS WILL BE DELETED
2. Only one pic per day
3. Only on feet/ fit pics will be allowed.
4. Pickups belong in the pickup thread. (link to pickup thread here)
5. Keep it civil in the comments
6. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting

averageastronaut

kawaii til' the casket shut
Aug 13, 2011
El_Duce writes:
I second this.

sidious

Administrator
Apr 13, 2005
Will add rules and implement a day by day function on posting - also have eliminated auto posting from instagram.. was a novel idea but ultimately less quality photos from what could be original / source material.

El_Duce

Dec 25, 2010
sidious writes:
so that's why my last one didn't go through. damn kinda a bummer cause my phone camera is all i have right now but it's all good.

sidious

Administrator
Apr 13, 2005
El_Duce writes:
I think with an iphone and android you can still upload from your phone.. not 100% tho.

ChgoKems.

Feb 16, 2012
sidious writes:
Yes you can upload from an iPhone. Not to sure about android.