The Official Non-Dunk SB Pickup Thread 2013

THEKOLLECTER

Apr 27, 2008
2013 is in full effect !

These are the shoes that started it all as far as Blazers being a part of the SB line, technically not SB's but they were part of the lineup offered with the first SB's sold to skate shops.  Circa 2003The Black / White Blazer takes inspiration from these.

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Wow, that's crazy! I was always under the impression that the Paul Brown Blazer was the first blazer offered in skate shops. I've never even heard of those, let alone seen them.

T

Thomas Sylvia

Dude lance mountain is why they brought the blazer into Nike SB. Idk maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it was him. His sig is always a blazer

THEKOLLECTER

Apr 27, 2008
@bridgener You are correct The Paul Brown was the first actual SB Blazer offered in shops. This Colorway was made before SB was official, It was offered with the first wave of dunks but wasn't received well and most shops declined it. Hence the lack of presence / history behind this particular colorway.
The Paul Brown was more widely accepted I guess because he ( Paul Brown ) was known and respected in the skateboarding community.

The pack of his signature colorways Blazer, Dunk High , and Air Trainer probably helped as well since it was three distinct shoes with popular colors for the era.

@Thomas Sylvia Nike Sb first offered the Blazer as a part of the line up in 2003. It was phased out temporarily after not being well received as a skate shoe. The Nike SB Blazer was re introduced in 2005 and has been part of the Nike SB available line up ever since.
Lance Mountain had his first signature Blazer as a welcoming to the team in 2008. There were two signature Blazer colorways made to celebrate Lances arrival to the Nike SB team. The Black/Black-Varsity Red Blazer Elite , and the Solar Orange/Solar Orange colors by Lance Mountain and CR Stecyk III.

bridgener

May 22, 2006
Hmm, I didn't think that there was a paul brown "pack" per se... Not to say I'm not a PB fan though...

:)

Also, who is Paul Brown with regards to skateboarding? I've never heard of him. There are other non-sb shoes with Paul Brown colourways (AF1's, other blazers, etc...) so I always thought it was the name of the shade of brown.

Sorry for all the questions, feel free to PM me if you don't wanna clog this thread any more!

THEKOLLECTER

Apr 27, 2008
Pure beauty ^ ! The Paul Brown pack is just what I personally call those three hahha.

use your favorite search engine and look up Paul Brown Skateboarder Oregon

aminazn

Apr 10, 2007
dam clean PB pack! lol

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
Had to get both Koston AMs.

kayoitsofficial

Dec 12, 2010
Picked these up the other day for $20 cleaned them up and now they look great couldn't be happier

Meek04

Creation is the Beauty of Art
May 24, 2010
[QUOTE=Picked these up the other day for $20 cleaned them up and now they look great couldn't be happier

XfeedUSfetusX

Feb 17, 2009

Some past and recent jano pick up's and Dont sleep on the BHM bruin super clean shoe

Meek04

Creation is the Beauty of Art
May 24, 2010
[QUOTE=

elleon28

Dec 5, 2010
[QUOTE=

verse001

Aug 14, 2008
nice pickups. copped the bruins as well. suede is not great but the rest of the shoe is very nice, swoosh looks great. i'm digging the more subtle approach, not every pair of BHM flavored shoes has to be some crazy design

elleon28

Dec 5, 2010
[QUOTE=nice pickups. copped the bruins as well. suede is not great but the rest of the shoe is very nice, swoosh looks great. i'm digging the more subtle approach, not every pair of BHM flavored shoes has to be some crazy design

verse001

Aug 14, 2008
they seemed cool at my regular nike size
first pair of bruins though so i don't have a more specific comparison

MjGuzman25

Jul 7, 2012
I found a beater pair of Air Force One Mids XXV Anniversary shoes at a second hand shop for $15. Barely any wear, just dirty. I cleaned them up, still have that comfortable solid AF1 hugging fit on my feet.

Also came across the WBF Dunk Highs last month, missed out on their initial releases. Only have a pic of the DC ones right now, loving the colorways on them.

ChgoKems.

Feb 16, 2012

Huge fan of the bruin so couldn't pass these up.