Unkle Dying

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
Now, any person who owes Unkles and wears them, either knows, or worries about the pink fading.

When I purchased a pair here on NSB, the toecap was more faded, and the more I stared at them, the more more beige they looked.

And if I ever posted a pic, I would up the color saturation to make them look more pink.

I finally got the courage to dye my Unkles a more saturated pink.

A very slight difference in color.

My g/f had experience using India ink, so we dyed it with very little, and watered it down, and applied it to the pink nubuck using cotton balls and cotton swabs.

Check out the pics!

Here's a good pic of the "beige-ness".

Put a coral pink DS to compare color.

Girlfriend at work.

Tried to compare dyed shoe to the other.

Finished product.

Maybe you can't see it too well, but take my word for it, there's no doubt when I look down, that they're beige or pink.

They're definitely pink now.

Last edited by a moderator:

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
Haha thanks guys, turns out my g/f said it's not india ink, but it's just concentrated, really good quality drawing ink.
All credit goes to my girlfriend for the idea.
//forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.gif

robinho23

Sep 5, 2008
would it be possible to do something like that for true reds seeing how they fade over time?

adr412

Oct 10, 2008
i love that fact that your girl cares about your shoes and keeping em in tip-top shape. i want a chick like that :'(
haha

Trav409

Feb 7, 2009
wow man, good work, this is awesome. Now i know what to do if mine ever get stuffed up. Cheers //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.gif

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
I woke up today, and in natural light, there's a huge difference.
Damn, they look so good.
I wilil take pictures when I get a chance sometime soon.

brewnami

Mar 19, 2009
Not only did those come out so much better than I anticipated, but I have never missed my UNKLEs so much until just now. You may have inspired me to go on a hunt for size 11.5-12 UNKLEs once again!

ANYONE?!?!?!