Unkle Dying

Dude Its Danny

Mar 2, 2010
heh nice job man i know what you're talking about exactly i own a pair love my unkles to death! best high top dunk ever and they do look better then before nice job cemetery and big ups to your g/f lol my g/f is the same way she like is always on the look out to not step on my shoes and if she does anything to them she cleans em lol.

kjnj13

Jan 8, 2007
Diesel

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
Wow, front page worthy?
Nice, thanks for all the compliments guys.
//forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.gif

More4YourBuck

Oct 21, 2008
Sick shat bro! Props on the results hopefully I can get my first pair of unkles

superdragon

May 11, 2009
My bro. You win at life. Congratulations on your achievement. //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.gif
You'll always be remembered as the 'The Uncle(Unkle) Savor of N-SB'! Haha.

Now it's time to buy me a beat pair! Hahah.

nickpoum

Apr 17, 2008
dude nice job on these

lukeskywalker

Jan 31, 2010
can you do this with brian andersons? i need to know lol

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
can you do this with brian andersons? i need to know lol
What exactly would you be dying on the brian andersons?

i_want_mfDooms

Jul 15, 2009
Nice Restoration man i was interested in doing some dying of my own and i was wondering where you got your dye from? also do you know anything about that company angellus i believe its called? or Turtle Feathers? Also i noticed you used concentrated ink and not suede dye is there any real difference?

2wice

Feb 13, 2008
yeah, props bro, im also interested in doing this as my unks arent as pink as they once were, whats the brand and color name of the dye that you used?

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
yeah, props bro, im also interested in doing this as my unks arent as pink as they once were, whats the brand and color name of the dye that you used?
Nice Restoration man i was interested in doing some dying of my own and i was wondering where you got your dye from? also do you know anything about that company angellus i believe its called? or Turtle Feathers? Also i noticed you used concentrated ink and not suede dye is there any real difference?
To answer you both, it's like a high quality drawing ink, not really india ink.
I'd have to ask my girl to do find out what brand it is.
And basically I mixed red with orange and watered it down.
As for angelus, it's not a company, it's a type of paint and Turtle Feathers is a company that distributes them, mainly for leather.

Also, to anyone who wants to attempt this, I treat all my suede and nubuck shoes with a conditioner.
My sister gave me her UGG protection spray after not using it, and I spray all my shoes with that as soon as I receive them.
So, this might have an effect on the shoe dying, as I know that water isn't particularly kind on suede or nubuck.

Good luck to everyone and if you need help, you can PM me any more questions, and I'm open to doing the dying for you for a reasonable price.

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
very good idea, they look great

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
Thanks Kybosh //forums.stashedboxes.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.gif

As for everyone, the brand is Windsor Newton.

If you look in the pics, we used red and orange. and it's hard, because you gotta like, play with it until the colors right.
My best advice is find a scrap piece of suede or nubuck that's light colored.
and you can adjust the amount of color accordingly.

and when you do it with the unkles, you can start in a spot which is less noticeable, like hear all the black squiggles, or on the wingflap.
And remember, the color is always darker when wet, so either naturally airdry, or blow dry with cool air.

wearyours00

Mar 18, 2008
great job man you deserve a hug! hahaha

Feb 11, 2010
I think they look great. Im thinking bout doing this to my baby bears.

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
I think they look great. Im thinking bout doing this to my baby bears.
Well, it would be different with the Baby Bears, considering that's suede versus nubuck on the Unkles.

Feb 11, 2010
Well, it would be different with the Baby Bears, considering that's suede versus nubuck on the Unkles.
Will the dye not work on suede?

cemeterydrive

Sep 2, 2008
Will the dye not work on suede?
Well, I'm pretty sure it's water-based.
And water+suede is always a no-no.

G

Very nicely done, some them on iss as well

Naked Pimp

May 10, 2010
Great job on saving a pair of Dunkles... i guess i'll have to bookmark this thread incase i ever decide i need to do this with my Dunkles too...