West 49 getting SBz?!

Gamma_5

Feb 17, 2007
First off, this is not been confirmed but, I heard from a reliable source that national skateboard retailer West 49 is getting an SB account. Has anyone heard anything else? They already carry the Nike 6.0 stuff. I personally thinks that if true, this is terrible news. Hopefully they just get the general release stuff.

Support your local skate shop,
Gamma_5

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
I'm not sure what all they are getting but they definitely now have an account. They've been carrying 6.0s for a year or two now and apparently they've been selling very well. The West in my town just got Prod 3s in a couple different colourways.

bridgener

May 22, 2006
I just find it funny how having a nike SB account is the "defining factor" of what a legit shop is and isn't these days. I mean behind all of the collabs, pro sponsorships and backing of events, Nike will still be the massive corporation that it always has been. So, to me it's not big surprise that they're in West 49. If you don't back it, don't buy it!

Sakui77

May 29, 2009
that is sorta a good thing for me, since I work close to one so I dont need to drive all the way into downtown in hope of searching for a pair of sbs.

C&KdLow

Oct 14, 2007
Well this is somewhat good news for me, since I have been getting away from sb's as much as possible in the last 4 or 5 months and this would be reason enough to quit it haha.

The work is comming along on my jordan and air max game (ignore old sig)

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
I doubt they will be getting anything worth much attention. However if they do, great. The closest shop with an sb account to me is like a 2 hour drive and they were charging something like 139.99 + tax for coral snakes. So I'm all for this if they get good stuff and sell it at decent prices. I'm tired of buying stuff online for $30 more then retail, that still beats getting raped by local shops.

thesbkid

Jan 19, 2010
would be alot easier then traveling downtown and going for a 30 minute walk to goodfoot adrift etc

Tropic-Thunder

Mar 14, 2009
i was in willowbrook west 49 and they just had p rod 3's...im pretty sure thats all there gonna get but still

MOREN83

Feb 2, 2010
Are all West 49 retailers in Canada going to get SB's?

shtasssht

Jun 1, 2009
if west 49 started getting sb's i think i would drop out of the game, well maybe not totatlly, but i know for sure that i would never be copping any new releases and only old shit.

i think this is a sham though because nike is very strict about who they give accounts to, and they're all about "supporting your local" and west 49 is by no means a local skate shop, so i highly highly doubt that this is true

markdelete

Jan 19, 2007
gota keep making money some how, seeing how your target market is seeping out to the mainstream. you don't see all the Jordan heads freaking that their stuff is in every Footlocker on the planet. the state of SBs in Toronto shops could barely be considered on life support for over a year now or its a supply problem for every Canadian local.
Larger market share for crazy sneakers means we get better chances of something like the Freddy dunks not getting canceled in the future. No more Mexico/Brazil exclusives.
Buy what you like, quit giving a crap about the "limited" status/ "cooler than you" standard of your ego.

3CR!T.

Apr 16, 2008
If west 49 gets sbs, I'm out the nike game.

Kybosh

Oct 22, 2007
Well they've got them, so see you later.

panda666

Mar 26, 2008
used to be 6.0 ONLY, but I believe I saw a pair of P-rod at W49 last time... but I never seen dunk sb there.

Esperz

Mar 28, 2010
yeah, so far, all I've seen are Prod3's there, the Black/Red and Sapphire Blue?/White colourways

NSBFTW

Apr 30, 2010
PROD isn't Nike SB IMO. They're branding it as a branch of Nike Sb like Tiger Wood's Golf Collection.

B

bugsy22

getting sb's into west 49 only means one thing.. SALE!
im all for it