Sign in to follow this  
supremesb1223

General Automotive Talk

the mou    0

haha sorry mike, i have a lot to say.

You mentioned weighing 200 lbs of pure fat, you bar lace your sneakers, and you drive a mini... sounds like a guy that normally wouldn't have shit to say.

Congrats on that I suppose... :thumbs_up:

uneek_sole    0
opps typo, dork4sport

i meant to say the sedan is more roomier. im just so used to typing in that i have a coupe, lol. but deff, i love the e46 and e39. but there out of my price range atm.

b!0hzrd    0

You mentioned weighing 200 lbs of pure fat, you bar lace your sneakers, and you drive a mini... sounds like a guy that normally wouldn't have shit to say.

Congrats on that I suppose... :thumbs_up:

just gives me reason to hit the gym, and prove to people that bar-lacing and driving a mini are both cooler than they look.

i swear i'm not a disgrace, guys. the mini really is more fun than people let on. even if it looks all cutesy and innocent, it corners so much better than any other car i've ever driven, and it's got enough power for the day-to-day...it's no RS4 on the 0-60, but for a 1.6, it can surprise you.

dork4spork    0

opps typo, dork4sport

i meant to say the sedan is more roomier. im just so used to typing in that i have a coupe, lol. but deff, i love the e46 and e39. but there out of my price range atm.

lol it's dork4sporK haha

sorry im drunk :) i probably won't remember this tomorrow. actually, i will....

i think m3s should all be coupes. cuz it's a sports car. i dnt see sedans as sports cars. iono. o_O but the e39 sedan is cool. i don't really like the new sedasn tho...

uneek_sole    0
haha, yeah. but theres a grip of sedans that can hold it down as sports cars. i dont think i need to name any, but the new sedans really arent that amazing IMO, but this e36 sedan really feels like the coupe besides that extra boost from the supercharger, it just feels like my coupe but with two more doors that i dont notice (if that makes any sense).

Laxmac2098    0
I'm thinking about getting a 1998 Audi A4 1.8T i was wondering about the cars reliabiltiy it has 132 thousand miles and want to know if it will last me a while.

b!0hzrd    0

I'm thinking about getting a 1998 Audi A4 1.8T i was wondering about the cars reliabiltiy it has 132 thousand miles and want to know if it will last me a while.

don't know anyone with a high-mileage 1.8T like that, but i do know tons of people in the VW/audi community, and a lot of those people have turbo 4-cyls like the 1.8T and the 2.0TFSI, and all i can say is the drivetrain seems to be solid as hell, just watch out for maintenance issues elsewhere on the car, especially in the rain gutter around the sunroof if you have a sunroof on that A4. also, since there's a mass airflow sensor, don't run a blow-off valve, because your engine will run too rich and screw things up badly. but if the previous owner didn't abuse the car, your engine and tranny should be good until the odo reads 200K as far as i know, but if you want to double-check, go ask the guys at VW vortex, since they know more about audis and VWs than most of the people here. although the big issues i've heard about are the water pump and the timing belt, so keep a close eye on those if you choose to buy the car.

one of my friends has an older jetta, which also has a VW/audi 1.8, but without the turbo, and he's finally calling it quits on that jetta after it's provided a combined 17 years and close to 200,000 miles to its two owners, for what it's worth.

if i'm not mistaken, a few pages back on this thread, some people were having a discussion on the 1.8T and how reliable it is or isn't.

xdiamondx7    0
from what i heard 1.9t's arent really any mk4 yerars

oh and bio my buddy with the 337 had the bright idea to drive it down to wildwood which is around a 4 hour drive from here and his dad didnt torque his new calipers down enough and as he was driving they got fucked up and he fucked up one of his bbs rims lol

b!0hzrd    0
^^first off, diamond, if the wildwood you're talking about is on long island, that isn't far from my neck of the woods, haha, next time you show up around there in a fast car, hit me up first to see if i can come with!!

(if the wildwood you're talking about is the one upstate, disregard everything i just said, until around a year and a half from now when i'll have my car up in geneseo)

second off, my heart aches for your friend, because those wheels are expensive as fuck to replace.

and no problem mac. also, if you buy that A4, try and hit up waterfest the weekend of july 18 and 19. audi and VW bonanza in jersey, and the second of the two days, i'll be there in my cousin's GTI.

uneek_sole    0
so,i decided to stick with boost for my lude, sold the old setup, and got a new one. painted the bay white, and red powdercoat VC. i missed driving her, so that re-build is going to have to wait. until winter maybe, so i can break her new look out next spring.

sneak preview of the new wheels going on her